Knoxville Scottish Rite Valley was formed in 1945 when a number of interested Brothers traveled to Memphis to receive their Scottish Rite Degrees. Over the past 75 years we have grown into one of the largest Valleys in the Southern Jurisdiction. Our Valley covers the 24 counties of East Tennessee, as far as Monroe County in the south and to Scott County in the west.
After a decade of meeting in various locations, including the historic Masonic Temple on Locust Street, Knoxville Valley secured what was then known as "the rose hole" near University of Tennessee campus.
Our present Temple was constructed in 1955 and today houses our Valley and Foundation and serves as the hub of Scottish Rite Masonry in East Tennessee.
Today our Valley continues to provide opportunities for the Masons to seek more light in our Fraternity, and to provide opportunities for service to our communities and the families of East Tennessee through our Almoner's Fund and Foundation.